Monday, September 21, 2015

I'm Back!

I am almost embarrassed at the fact that it has been nearly two years since I've shared any of the details of my journey with you, and if you've missed my words as much as I've missed writing them, I apologize.  I guess I took a tumble off the horse so to speak, but here I am, courageously getting back in the blogging saddle once again, and am ready to head out onto the much anticipated trail. I would love for you to join me, so saddle up and ride along!

So much has happened in the huge gap of time since last I've added words to this blog that I hardly know where to start.  I do know I could not possibly share it all, even if I could remember it all, so I will begin with where I am here in this moment, right now.

It is September, 2015.  It is an absolutely gorgeous almost last day of summer, with the sun shining bright, a gentle breeze blowing, and a temperature of about 75 degrees....nearly perfect!  All four of my children are back at school once again, two in college, and two in high school.  My house is clean, the laundry is done, I've completed some tasks at my desk, and I have a writing group meeting to look forward to this evening.  As for how I am doing personally, both mentally and physically, I can honestly say, for the first time since I can ever remember, that I am well.  Life on this fine day is good!

Earlier this morning I had an appointment with my Psychologist who I have been regularly seeing since sometime in 2009...about 6 years!  She specializes in working with patients who live with chronic pain, and since that is the medical category into which I have fit the best these six years, she has been my guide on this long journey.  I hadn't seen her for nearly a month for various reasons, so most of our time together was spent catching up on how I've been.  I had much to report, so the time went by quickly.  I was most happy to tell her that apart from a couple of bumps in the road, I have been doing well, especially in the area of that same old never ending subject of PAIN.  I believe that it was the first time ever that I have been able to say that I've experienced a pain level of 0.  Yes, I said ZERO!  After I said it, her eyes lit up like Christmas tree lights, and a huge smile came across her face as she exclaimed "did you say zero? For real?".  I shook my head and together, for a moment we basked in the glory of that small, yet huge detail.
I left her office with a hug and words of encouragement for the job well done, and for courage to keep on keepin' on.

When I return to you again, in the near future, I will attempt to share with you a part of what has taken place in the time that I have been silent, and pray that as I do, it will serve as encouragement to you, in whatever it is that you are experiencing on this all too common journey.  Until then, stay strong, and be well.
Remember, you are not alone, and even when the way is dark and the road is rough, there is hope.

As Cinderella said to the King after they were married,  I say to you: "As long as we see the world not as it is, but as it could be, and continue to believe in courage and kindness, and ocasionally just a little bit of magic, then all will be well.".




No comments:

Post a Comment